Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The End

Originally I had planned to write a history of PFB. Though parts 1 and 2 of this history have been published I have abandoned this plan in toto.  Instead I will cut to the chase about the demise of PFB and forgo a long history lesson. At the end there is a surprise for all. 

In November 2016 Trump won the election and some members of PFB were quite thrilled that war criminal and corrupt-beyond-belief Hillary Clinton did not win the election. I have no idea the conversation that occurred in the comment section of PFB because I did not read them. One day out of the blue the website disappeared.

In it's place was a message telling all that the website was no longer available and had been abandoned for a new website which would focus exclusively on Donald Trump.  This website, http://www.intrumpetence.com, is no longer functional and the twitter page has been abandoned https://twitter.com/InTrumpetence.

When it became clear that PFB was not returning I knew something must be done to fill the void. Another site must rise in it's place. The fact is Philippine culture is not going anywhere while Trump will only be president for 8 years max.  There will always be a space for PFB or something like it. It seemed foolish to me that the webmaster would abandon a website that was one-of-a-kind and likely profitable.

Are these figures for real??
It was then that I started my blog. It was to be a placeholder until PFB came back or something better came along. It was at this time I thought it would be interesting to research and write about the history of PFB. That was January 2017.  By mid-February PFB had returned and was now a social media site. This is a project CaptainPFB had attempted in the past but had also abandoned.


Slowly old members and new began to trickle in.  It was in March that a user signed up and had a conversation with CaptainPFB wherein he laughed at him for "vaporising" the website and ridiculed anyone who would return because the website could vanish again at anytime.  What follows is only CaptainPFB's side of this conversation because by the time I thought to document it the user had deleted his account. So here in his own words is CaptainPFB on why he shut down PFB in November 2016.





Notice two things.  He says he had a meltdown and that there were issues with the server and code injection.  When he restarted PFB he was quick to assure everyone that the website was secure and was "here to stay."


 A few months after this two things happened.

1. PFB underwent maintenance several times in a just a few days. I asked about this and the reply was that an unnamed country was attempting to hack the site and all ISPs originating from said country were now banned but that the website was secure.

2. Donald Trump issued a ban on transgendered soldiers in the military. This prompted CaptainPFB to post a picture in support of transgenders in the military. Being that many of the users of PFB are ex-military expats they were not inclined to agree and voiced that opinion.

There was a total meltdown in the comment section again and only two weeks later the website was shuttered once more.  This time without a note. 

I think it's obvious what happened.  CaptainPFB did not want to play host to a group of old men who do not share his political or moral views.  I do not think it had anything to do with hackers.  And I am not inclined to believe that the website was the target of so many hackers.  It could be true but...well who knows? 

NOW FOR THE SURPRISE

The day after the website went offline I took the following screenshot.


Now you might be thinking: So?

Well I googled that number and this is what came up:



I am not a hacker or a programmer and I have no idea what this number is.  Content delivery network?  Common domain name?  Everything I have tried searching and reverse searching comes up empty.  Probably because I don't know what I am looking for.  But don't you think it's pretty hilarious that PFB is tangentially associated with gay asian sex sites?

No comments:

Post a Comment